Lublin University of Technology - Dr.Marek Skłodowski
Dr. Marek Skłodowski received Master of Engineering at Mechatronics Faculty, Warsaw University of Technology in 1974. In years of 1978-1980 he was an Assistant at Institute of Fundamental Technological Research (IPPT), Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw and in 1980 he completed his doctoral thesis in the field of experimental stress analysis (holographic photoelasticity) there. Then he became Assistant Professor in IPPT (years 1980-2006) and Head of Laboratory of Experimental Stress Analysis in IPPT (1994-2000). Currently he is Main Specialist in Smart Technology Centre there.
His main research activities are experimental stress analysis, development of measurement methods, design of sensors and equipment for in situ measurements and monitoring and assessment of historical constructions. Other research field since 2003 is valorization of cultural heritage. He published over 60 peer-reviewed conference and journal papers.
International collaboration includes research stays at EU Joint Research Centre in Ispra (IT) and Advanced Research Centre for Cultural Heritage Interdisciplinary Projects (ARCCHIP ITAM Centre of Excellence, Czech Republic).
He has been a Main Researcher and/or national Coordinator in several EC and national Projects, which include:
- (2009-2012) Polish Team Leader, European Cultural Heritage Identity Card (EU CHIC), nr 226995, (7th RTD Framework Programme);
- (2002-2005) Polish Team Leader, Effects of the weathering on stone materials: assessment of their mechanical durability (MCDUR), nr G6RD-CT2000-00266, GROWTH, (5th RTD Framework Programme);
- (1997-1998) Main Researcher, Standard compliant QUAlity control System for High-level ceramic material manufacturing (SQUASH). nr. ERBIC 15CT 96 0742, COPERNICUS (4th RTD Framework Programme)
- (1995-1996): Main Researcher. CRAck and SHape defect detection in ferrite cores (CRASH), nr COP - 94 00717: COPERNICUS (4th RTD Framework Programme)
- (2011-ongoing) Researcher, National Science Centre: "Innovative measurement of deformations in large-size canvas paintings by remote optical methods and its application in documenting, designing and evaluations of technical conservation solutions, Preludium 2, UMO-2011/N/HS2/01936.
- (2009-2012) Main Researcher, National Science Centre: Application of structural strengthening methods in heritage conservation with reference to paint layers and priming. Development of operational models of ultrasonic and vacuum devices., KBN Nr N R17 0001 06.
- (2008-2012) Researcher, National Centre for Research and Development: Monitoring of Technical State of Construction and Evaluation of its Lifespan - MONIT, POIG 01.01.02-00-013/08.
- (2005-2007) Main Researcher, State Committee for Scientific Research: System of Multiplexed Fibre Optic Bragg Sensors, KBN 3 T10C 008 28.
- (1997-2000) Team leader in IPPT PAN, Target Project, KBN Nr 7 T07E 010 96C/3049, State Committee for Scientific Research: Research programme - development and recording of strains and settlement of walls and pillars of St. John’s Church in Gdańsk,.
He is a member of international/national scientific societies including ICOMOS and ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Analysis and Restoration of Structures of Architectural Heritage (ISCARSAH - Expert Member), Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), Associations for Image Processing (Charter Member) and International Association for Pattern Recognition.